Most of the time, some ripe, juicy berries or grapes make a delicious sweet finish to a meal. But sometimes, you need chocolate. Today was one of those days. I don’t know what it was, but my husband and I both felt it – Tuesday was a day for chocolate.
I started scrolling through Pinterest (SO much inspiration!) and found this recipe for dairy-free chocolate mousse. It looked simple enough, and we had (almost) all of the ingredients! I was a little wary of using the green secret ingredient, so I didn’t tell my husband what was in it til he had tasted it.😉
It was delicious! Rich, creamy, and lusciously chocolatey. Yes, it’s high-calorie, but all the calories come from good, healthy fats! For more info on why fats don’t make you fat, check out this infographic. I love how simple and quick this is to make. Try it today! You won’t be disappointed!
Clean-Eating Chocolate Mousse
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, cocoa powder, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thick, white coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Discard the water at the bottom.
- Whip the coconut cream at high speed with a stand or hand mixer until fluffy. It won’t increase in volume as much as whipping cream, but it will appear more aerated and will form soft peaks when you lift the beaters out.
- Fold avocado mixture into whipped coconut cream until well-combined.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve. This can be made several hours in advance. Enjoy!